The day of Croatia's accession to the European Union is getting closer, which is reflected in the news you can find in this edition: the EU Council's conclusions on Croatia and the last European Parliament resolution on Croatia before accession, the results of the election of Croatian Members of the European Parliament and the appointment of Neven Mimica as a candidate for the position of commissioner for consumer protection. A special highlight in this section is the project of restoration of the facade of the Workers' Hall in Vukovar. There are a lot of information activities: a new EU quiz – EUnigma – is airing on HTV; a virtual workshop on EU project proposal writing has been launched under an IPA INFO project; and EU funding-related workshops and study visits for journalists have been organised. In addition to interesting prize competitions we also announce numerous activities set to take place during this year's Europe Week (Croatia’s last before it becomes a member of the EU family), dedicated to European Year of Citizens.
News from the EU includes the Council of the European Union’s Strategic Report for 2013 and the results of the European Citizens' Initiative, one year after its launch. We also report on macroeconomic imbalances in 13 Member States, achievements implementing the Danube Strategy and the latest assistance to redundant workers in EU Member States, from the European Globalisation Adjustment Fund.
The EU Funds after Accession section presents the EU’s Europe for Citizens programme. As always, you will find an overview of new calls for proposals and EU projects in Croatia. Of the latter, we highlight a project fighting the sexual exploitation and sexual abuse of children.
You are invited to join us in marking Europe Week at the European Film Days in Dubrovnik, Novska, Pula, Rijeka, Split and Zagreb (3-11 May), the multimedia exhibition 'I am the citizen of the EU' (Zagreb, 6-11 May and Split, 22-25 May) and the Rhythm of Europe 3 concert (Lake Bundek, Zagreb, 10 May) with Gibonni, Belfast Food and Kopito. You are also invited to participate in prize draws during each event and to win a trip to Brussels in the first week of Croatia's membership of the EU! More details can be found in the bulletin and on our website.
We hope to see you at EU events and wish you an active Europe Week, a happy Europe Day and a happy International Labour Day!
The electronic EUbulletin of the Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Croatia is published on a monthly basis and distributed to subscribers free of charge. Editor: Avis Beneš, EU Information Centre Manager. The EUbulletin is available in English and in Croatian.
The archives include only bulletins from issue N.17 onwards, i.e. issues published in electronic format.
- EUbulletin No 57 - March 2013
- EUbulletin No 56 - February 2013
- EUbulletin No 55 - January 2013
- EUbulletin No 54 - December 2012
- EUbulletin No 53 - November 2012
- EUbulletin No 52 - October 2012
- EUbulletin No 51 - September 2012
- EUbulletin No 50 - July 2012
- EUbulletin No 49 - June 2012
- EUbulletin No. 48 - May 2012
- EUbulletin No. 47 - April 2012
- EUbulletin No. 46 - March 2012
- EUbulletin No. 45 - February 2012
- EUbulletin No. 44 - January 2012
- EUbulletin No. 43 - December 2011
- EUbulletin No. 42 - November 2011
- EUbulletin No. 41 - October 2011
- EUbulletin No. 40 - September 2011
- EUbulletin No. 39 - July 2011
- EUbulletin No. 38 - June 2011
- EUbulletin No. 37 - May 2011
- EUbulletin No. 36 - April 2011
- EUbulletin No. 35 - March 2011
- EUbulletin No. 34 - January and February 2011
- EUbulletin No. 33 - December 2010
- EUbulletin No. 32 - November 2010
- EUbulletin No. 31 - October 2010
- EUbulletin No. 30 - September 2010
- EUbulletin No. 29 - June and July 2010
- EUbulletin No. 28 - May 2010
- EUbulletin No. 27 - April 2010
- EUbulletin No. 26 - March 2010
- EUbulletin No. 25 - February 2010
- EUbulletin No. 24 - January 2010
- EUbulletin No. 23 - December 2009
- EUbulletin No. 22 - November 2009
- EUbulletin No. 21 - October 2009
- EUbulletin No. 20 - September 2009
- EUbulletin No. 19 - July 2009
- EUbulletin No. 18 - May 2009
- EUbulletin No. 17 - April 2009